Relax n’ Birth’s Hypnobirthing course can be run over 4 sessions, preferably once a week. Each session will last approximately two hours and at present all 1-to-1 private sessions will be held in your own home or somewhere of your choosing, as long as it is quiet, warm and comfortable. There is also an intensive two day course for couples who may be later on in their pregnancy (34+ weeks) and still want to enjoy a natural, relaxed birth.
Group-work will be held in a venue in Bangor, over 5 weeks, each session lasting approximately two hours.
Check out Relax n’ Birth’s Facebook page for further details, dates, times and venue.
Price list can be found in the F.A.Q.
Below is some of the subjects we will be covering in each session:
- Introductions and contract signing
- Benefits of Hypnosis
- Advantages of Hypnosis in Childbirth
- Myths about pregnancy and birthing
- The role of the Professionals
- Birth Partners Role in the birth
- Fetal Positioning
- Positions to adopt in pregnancy
- Medical Interventions
- Breathing and it importance in pregnancy/birthing.
- Hypnosis and being taught Self-Hypnosis
- Preparing For Birth
- Phrases Used In Pregnancy And Birth
- Maternity Notes And Abbreviations Used
- Self Hypnosis
- Pain Management with Hypnosis
- Including The Birth Partner In the Birth
- Stages Of Cervix Dilation
- Dealing With Contractions / Surges With Breathing And/Or Hypnosis
- The Phases Of Labour
- Packing A Bag For Hospital
- Positions To Adapt In Labour
- Birthing Massage Techniques
- Writing A Birth Plan
- Positive Affirmations
- Positive Birthing Visualisations
- Interaction With Your Newborn
- Dealing With The Baby Blues
- What Is Postnatal Depression
Session 5 in the group sessions will be a summary and practice session. An opportunity to fine tune the techniques, visualisations, positive affirmations, self-hypnosis and birthing positions.
There is a lot more involved in each of the sessions. Mothers-to-be and birthing partners will be expected to complete “homework” for each session. Using Self-hypnosis and practicing positive affirmations.
Why use Relax n’ Birth for your Hypnobirthing needs?
- One-to-one couple support and training – Having your baby is a special intimate and beautiful moment. The training for this special event should be special and intimate.
- I support you in a place of your choosing. Somewhere were you feel comfortable, safe and relaxed.
- No obligations to buy expensive books, DVD’s or CD’s for the course. I supply all handouts, CD’s as part of the course fees.
- My HypnoBirthing classes are intended to help you have the most natural childbirth possible, using easily-learned self hypnosis and breathing techniques. Whatever kind of birth you’re planning – home-birth, water-birth, hospital, birthing centre – HypnoBirthing does help.
- Very competitively priced. I am very aware that having a baby is/will be expensive, but you also want to have the perfect birth. Remember that, a mother that is relaxed during the birthing process will have a relaxed and calm baby, As all 1-to-1 and intensive courses are held in your own home, my prices reflect this.
- Group-work sessions are small and respectful to each couple, with only a maximum of four couples per course. Refreshments and snacks will be provided.